Deals on Tap Terms and Conditions
Deals on Tap, is a lead generation and marketing company which brings you the latest specials, deals and promotions in various industries, such as financial services, insurance, motor warranty, loans, phones etc. (hereinafter referred to as “we”,”us”,”our”).
Our mission is to bring you the latest specials, deals and promotions in various industries, such as financial services, insurance, automotive, loans, cell phones etc. We provide a platform to put you in touch with some of SA’s most respected and top Financial Services, Insurance and Telecommunications Companies.
You can choose to stop hearing from us at any stage, we will always provide you with that opportunity.
You may also register on the National Do Not Contact List which can be found at www.dmasa.org.
What you need to be aware of:
- Visitors and Customers
- When we contact you
- Becoming a Customer – Agreeing to our Terms and Services
- Opting Out / Unsubscribing from our Terms and Services
- Changes to the Terms
- No liability
- Our promise to you
- Your Promise to us
- Your Privacy
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- Our Information
1. Visitors and Customers
If you have chosen to engage with us regarding the Services we provide, then you are a “customer”.
If you have chosen not to make use of our Services and is just visiting the website, you may browse certain features as a “Visitor”.
You need to read and understand our Terms and Conditions because by becoming our Customer you agree to be bound by them. Should you not agree with the Terms and Conditions please opt-out of the services we provide.
You can contact us at any stage at firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries or worries you might have. We like to receive your feedback so that we can speak to you and improve our services and we love receiving compliments, so keep them coming.
2. When we contact you
We often contact customers both on our behalf and on behalf of our affiliates (for example we would contact you on behalf of a bank or insurance company). We will let you know if we also represent an affiliate and what their name and contact details are.
We don’t provide financial services or loans. All we do is to put you in contact with registered financial services providers or credit providers.
3. Becoming a Customer – Agreeing to our Terms and Services
There are many ways for you to agree to our Terms and the Deals on Tap services:
- SMS – when you reply to our SMS by typing the word ‘YES’ or where you agree to receive a quote and become a customer;
- Email – when you click on the hyperlink in our email;
- Telephone – when you tell our call centre agent that we can contact you or when you provide your details for a quote or to purchase a product or service;
- Automated Voice Message (AVM) – you opt in when you press the number ‘1’;
- Social media (E.g. Facebook / Twitter) – you opt in by clicking on ‘call me back’ or ‘submit’;
- USSD – when you reply to our USSD messages and provide your information;
- Website – when you click on the ‘subscribe’ link on our Website which can be found here
4. Opting Out / Unsubscribing from our Terms and Service
You can ask us to opt you out of the Deals on Tap services at any time. There are many ways to do this:
- SMS – you opt out when you reply to our SMS by typing the word ‘STOP’;
- Email – you opt out when you click on the ‘unsubscribe’ hyperlink in our email;
- Telephone – you opt out when you tell our call centre agent to stop contacting you;
- Automated Voice Message (AVM) – you opt out when you press the number ‘9’;
- Website – click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link on our Website which can be found here;
- Register on the Do Not Contact registry run by the Direct Marketing Association.
Some important things to know about opting out / unsubscribing:
- We will provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of our services during any communications we have with you;
- If you opted in to both the Deals on Tap services and the services of our client, then you will need to unsubscribe from our client’s services directly in the manner set out in their Terms and Conditions. If you are unsure how to do this, you can contact us, and we will help you.
5. Changes to the Terms
Changes to the Terms, as well effective date, will always be shown on the top of the page. It is your responsibility to ensure that you familiarise yourself with the changes. If you do not agree with the changes affected, you are welcome to opt-out of the services here.
6. No liability
We will not be liable for any obvious error on our Website nor for any failure of this Website.
We simply put you in contact with the seller or service provider (which is the service we provide) and do not provide the services or goods ourselves. As a result, we do not accept liability for any inaccuracies regarding the description of goods or services or an inaccurate or misleading picture or video. You agree that any action for any defect, damage, mistake or misrepresentation will lie exclusively against the seller or service provider and not against us.
If, despite this limitation on liability, we are found to be liable, that liability will be limited to R5000.
7. Our promise to you
Here are some of the promises we make to you when you opt in:
- We will do our best to let you know about services and goods that you might find of interest,
- We will comply with the Direct Marketing Association’s Code of Conduct,
- We will respect any request you make to us to unsubscribe (but you must give us reasonable time for your request to unsubscribe / opt-out to be processed),
- We will abide by South Africa’s laws.
8. Your Promise to us
Here are some of the promises you make to us when you opt in to be a customer:
- You are 18 years of age or older
- You will not pretend to be someone else
- The personal information you provide will be correct
- You will update your personal information when it changes
- You will comply with all applicable laws
- You will not use our intellectual property or our affiliate’s intellectual property without our / our affiliate’s written permission (this does not apply to non-commercial use)
- You will not post anything defamatory or use malware in any medium (such as on our website or in an email)
9. Your Privacy
If you are our customer or a visitor to our site, then we do collect personal information about you. You can find out more about the personal information we have about you, how we use it and what your rights are, in our privacy notice, which can be found here.
10. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms are subject to the laws of South Africa and you agree to the jurisdiction of the Gauteng courts.